Sunday, October 12, 2014

Day 4, a leap forward


It looks like a bike!

I volunteered for 4 hours at the co-op today, and picked up a few more parts. For a whopping $15 bucks, I got a wheelset with 26/1.95 tires and a 7 speed freewheel. (I think it is a freewheel, I didn't care to check. It is a 7 speed. That is what matters.) The rear needs truing badly, but it should work for now. (Long run, maybe I will upgrade, but I don't see that being a short term thing. I like that they are QR wheels.)

I also got a handlebar, so that is on their now. I might still swap out the seatpost, it is a little high, but that is negligible. I hope to get the brakes, gripshifters, and grips on tomorrow, and then the cockpit will be done. (Sans cables)

This leaves the build almost done, with me still needing a triple crankset, chain, front and rear V-brakes (or linear pull), front and rear dérailleur, cables and housing, and a chain. I could probably use a kickstand too. I do have the waterbottle cages, but I am lacking the bolts for those, not that those are costly. I can take the one I have to Home Depot and get a few for under a buck.

I might just be able to have it done by the end of the month, though progress will take a backseat for a week or two. But today, it looks like a bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment