Friday, February 21, 2014

New parts

Glowie is going to be going under some mods this week, as I just got a new part in the mail today, a 14t Fixed Cog.


Since the Pure Fix fixies ship out with a 16t rear gear, this will give me a bit more power to the bike. Also, it was cheaper to buy a new rear gear than a new front gear...  this will give me a 44:14 (22:7 or sorta Pi ) ratio instead of the original 44:16 (11:4 or 2.75) so I think that is about a 14% increase in speed per the same cadence, which means the cadence for 10 mph becomes just under 11.5 mph.

The gear itself was on the Pure Fix site, but I had a coupon, so it was free (not counting shipping.) I think next might be some bull horns, which will probably need some bar tape as well.

I will probably switch the gears out tonight, not really looking forward to finding the new sweetspot for the rear wheel.

I haven't been on my KHS in months now, I patched one of the tires, but still weary of it. I probably will have to put new tires on it, or at least 1 new tire. Oh well, could be worse I guess.

(I also picked up a small backpack like bag for a buck with my order from Pure Fix, they are handy enough for some of the things I do. I think this is the same material as the reusable grocery store bags...)

No comments:

Post a Comment