Thursday, July 3, 2014

Final prep

I got the rear wheel on my KHS road bike trued last week before the LBS closed for vacation, and everything is tuned up and ready for the Vandalia Freedom Tour in the morning. This one isn't going to be easy, really it will be the longest bike ride this year for me, at 32 miles, give or take, and hills unlike what my home town can offer.

This ride is rather a bitter one for me, two years ago, I got sagged around mile 48 of the 100k route. (I did the 100k successfully in 2011) This year, it is going to be much cooler, and I am doing the shorter route. The caveat to this though is the 50k route doesn't leave the hilly region of the moraine. The 100k actually goes into some nice flat areas, and even within a few miles of my house. In some ways, the 100k might actually be easier...

One thing I do love about the tour though is they supply a water bottle. I had two of them (1 for each year) but my son's soccer coach two years ago stole one, and refused to give it back. I am still bitter about it, since it wasn't one I could just go to the store and replace. I might pick up a spare this year if I can, but I heard the design changed last year, so...

Still, with the ride starting in about 8 hours, I probably should go to bed. Not that I am in a huge hurry.

No comments:

Post a Comment