Friday, July 1, 2011

Bike tools came in..

     I spent some money at the bike shop today, on random stuff. Well, not that random, really. I got a new rear skewer for when I use the bike trailer on my Schwinn, I don't like having the hitch on the quick release skewer, so I ordered a set of Sunlite 5mm Hex Skewers, but I won't put them on until after the 100k on Monday

I also got a Sunlite B.B. Tool  and a Park Tool Crank Puller so I could tighten my bottom brackets, but, well, I got the wrong Crank Puller, so now I need to order the 'tapered' version. I am not sure if that mistake was mine or the bike shops (they didn't actually send what he ordered, but hey, Park Tools are good, and when I upgrade the crank arms in the future, I'll have it. Also, that fact that it doesn't work on Square Tapered BB's was in tiny tiny fine print, on the back.)

I am a little annoyed, but in the process, I found that the crankarm bolt was very loose on the Royce Union bike, so that is fixed, in time to attempt to give that one to my FIL, so...



No comments:

Post a Comment